- Rails to Back Trails at Fairchild Library:
Please join us for a talk about the transformation of the train line from Bridgeport to Newtown into hiking trails for all to enjoy. Sue Delbianco will tell you all about the history of the railroad and what grew around the railroad. This program would be great to attend if you are going to participate in the annual Pequonnock River Valley Hike on Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013. 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.; 1718 Huntington Tnpk.
- Planning & Zoning - Public Hearing, 7:30 p.m.
- Shelton Farmers Market, 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Story Times for various ages at the Trumbull Library starting at 9:30 a.m.
- Lorraine Warren will speak at Masuk High School in Monroe at 6:30 p.m.
- The weather forecast for Oct. 16 calls for a high of 68 degrees and a low of 59 degrees.