To the Editor:
My name is Dawn Cantafio and I am running for Trumbull Town Council, District #1.
Twenty five years ago, my husband, Timothy and I purchased our first home together here in Trumbull. From 1988 to today, we still believe that Trumbull is a strong community with a great education system, with good home values and I would like to see this progress continue.
We were fortunate to raise two children, both who have graduated from the Trumbull Public School System. Over the past 18 years, I have been involved in numerous volunteer opportunities in Trumbull. First, helping out at the school level with various programs and being a part of the town wide PTA. I have also served on the Trumbull Board of Education, Policy Advisory Committee and for the past four years I have chaired this committee.
If elected I would like residents to know some of the areas that I believe are important to continue economic growth in our community:
- Financial responsibility and transparency in all processes in our town.
- Support improvements for the quality of education for our youngest residents.
- Advocate for reasonable sewer fees.
- Build bridges with other local communities.
- Invest to expand services and facilities for our senior citizens.
I would also like to see more collaborative work done to improve our town.
I am fortunate to be a member of the Martha Jankovic-Mark Democratic Ticket.
Dawn Cantafio, Democrat District 1