"Jose is self-employed and the sole financial provider for the family, while his wife, Monica, is a stay-at-home mom. They have three young children, [ages 8, 6 and 2]," according to Facebook. "They have no local family and many of their basic necessities will need to be covered while Jose recovers and undergoes months of rehabilitation."
"We are reaching out to you because this group always comes through for our community. Their needs will be many," it said.
The helpers listed several immediate needs:
- Gift cards to Stop and Shop, Target, Gas stations, Walmart, American Express, etc.
- Clothing for the children (fall/winter) - Boy size 9, shoe size 4 or 5; girl size 7, shoe size 2; boy size 3 or 4, shoe size 8 1/2 or 9
- Some fun gift cards for the children/caretaker - movies, ice cream, restaurants, museum passes, etc.
- New unwrapped gifts for the children to attend birthday parties when invited
- Any monetary donation toward their car payments or rent.
- Michelle Consolati