(Submitted by Harriet Polansky): Harriet Polansky has served in dynamic management positions for over twenty years. Born and raised in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, Mrs. Polansky has lived in Trumbull Connecticut for over 25 years. She began her career in advertising and marketing with large advertising firms in New York City. Her career then brought her to Connecticut where she served as Vice President and Director of Marketing for the Leverage Marketing Group in Newtown Connecticut where she worked for over 20 years. She then assumed the job of Director of Marketing and Account Services for The Allen Group in Norwalk Connecticut.
Mrs. Polansky has a proven track record of managing people, budgets, and client needs. Some of her clients include the largest corporate, health care and financial institutions in the world. She has collaborated with large corporate entities as well as small enterprises such as assisted living facilities where she drew significant interest in the challenges of the elderly and infirmed. She has faced personal challenges in dealing personally as a caretaker and has a skill set that is collaborative, inclusive yet has demonstrated leadership to independently make decisions in the best interest of the client.
Mrs. Polansky describes herself as “a manager with significant insight and skills that are easily transferable to the tasks at challenges at Stern Village”. Mrs. Polansky has managed and been held accountable for significant budgets and has the tools necessary to manage sizable line item budgets. In her management career which spans over two decades, Mrs. Polansky has specialized in the development of tactical and strategic planning , developed procedures and accountability structures to meet the needs of her clients and supervisors, as well as developed matrixes to assure that accountability is met, procedures are adhered to and handled this in a multi-task arena. All of these transferable management skills were accomplished in a dynamic environment that demanded efficiency, accountability and extraordinary people skills. Highlights of her management capabilities and those most transferable to her role in Trumbull include:
- Created and monitored strategic business plans and processes.
- Collaborated with clients, staff and outside vendors.
- High energy, self-starter and strategic thinker that is proficient at identifying the needs of an organization.
- Easy rapport with clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Excellent public speaker.
- Possesses exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Provided innovative ideas and known for the ability to gets things done.
- Mrs. Polansky was instrumental in the launch of Griffin Hospital’s Center for Cancer Care, as well as their Diagnostic and Imaging Center. Her role included, but not limited to, providing strategic insight for positioning both facilities and introducing them to the marketplace.
- Mrs. Polansky worked and collaborated with Danbury Hospital on strategic planning and implementation of several of their services and physician groups.
- She has worked with the Diocese of Bridgeport on the launch of their new website Liturgy123 and a new mobile application for the iPad called Sacraments123 for adults and children with special needs. She volunteered her time to work with the Diocese of Bridgeport to provide strategic marketing plans, input and helped create marketing information.
- She previously served on the marketing committee for the Regional Hospice of Western Connecticut. She conducted strategic planning sessions that included methodologies and plans on how to better serve the community. She helped craft marketing information relevant to their target markets.
- She worked closely with Stamford Pathology Group on the creation of their new website, as well as content writing and ideation.
- She worked with Dr. Lawrence Shapiro on creating mobile applications for children with difficulties with social skills and worked with Dr. Shapiro on the creation of Talk To An Expert, Inc., which allows experts in all fields to provide, paid for services.
- She has worked with assisted living facilities and nursing homes. She was the sole caretaker for her Mom, Dad, Aunt and Uncle. On a professional level, she provided marketing input for assisted living facilities located in the region.
Mrs. Polansky emphatically believes that “my experience, insight and skills gained over the last 20+ years are transferable for the role of Acting Executive Director of Stern Village.”
Born in Pittsfield Massachusetts, Mrs. Polansky lived in New York and New Jersey prior to moving to Trumbull in 1988. She is married and has a married daughter living in Syracuse that graduated Syracuse University; and she is a high school guidance counselor. Her son is a senior at the University of Pittsburgh and will graduate in the spring. He would like to pursue a career in the sports marketing industry. Both are graduates of the Trumbull Public Schools. Mrs. Polansky is an only child and has first-hand experience as the primary caregiver to her mother, father, aunt and uncle; all who moved to Trumbull before their passing. She is familiar with the challenges of the elderly.