Seeking to tap more than 225,000 UConn alums worldwide to build its ranks, the University of Connecticut Alumni Association (UCAA) launched its second annual membership drive on March 28, 2012. Inspired by the thousands of alumni worldwide that encompass the UConn identity, the “You Make it UConn” drive will run through June 2012 with membership open to all UConn alumni and friends of the university.
“It is important for all alumni to embrace their UConn pride and join the pack,” said Kara Wolters, Class of ’97. “The Alumni Association keeps you connected to the university long after you graduate.”
“Join me and all UConn Alumni members and you’ll experience what so many are starting to realize – that no matter where you are in life, there is something for everyone,” Wolters said, “With networking opportunities for those seeking a career change to connecting with old friends through Alumni social events, there are so many reasons to join the pack. Remember that you really do make it UConn. What better way to make it official than by becoming a member.”
A strong alumni association strengthens UConn by:
• Providing a strong voice in the state legislature through UConn Advocates to support academic excellence
• Awarding more than $100,000 in scholarships to UConn students annually
• Broadening outreach efforts for alumni with special events run by more than 40 chapters nationwide
• Facilitating life-changing mentor relationships between alumni and current students
• Helping fellow Huskies network and search for jobs using our career resources tools
• Providing local and national programs that bring alumni together and promote pride and spirit for UConn
For members, joining the UCAA:
• Connects old and new friends through exclusive alumni communications, members-only newsletter and invitations to special events
• Provides powerful networking opportunities with more than 225,000 alumni through the Husky Alumni Network online community
• Expands career options with exclusive career seminars, advice, and job and resume postings
• Saves members money with discounts on travel, entertainment, insurance and UConn merchandise
• Gives members the inside track on university and alumni news and opportunities
• Provides discounted rates on alumni events, from outstanding speakers to pre-game parties and networking activities
• Helps UConn remain in the top 20 public universities nationally (US News and World Report)
It is easy to join, simply go to youmakeitUConn.com or call 1-888-822-5861.
“All of the programs offered through the Alumni Association are made possible because of the support from alumni membership,” said Wolters. “By making it official, alumni can help make more possible. I wanted to give back to the school that gave me so much. That’s why I joined.”
. Please visit http://www.uconnalumni.com/for more information.